Business Card Design Upload Specifications
If you are uploading your own press-ready artwork, please review this guide to ensure the files you are providing meet our specifications. Improperly prepared files can delay production and/or diminish the quality of the finished product. If you have a question that’s not covered here, please feel free to contact us.
- When creating your file, set your artboard to the finished product size. For example, a 2" x 3.5" business card should have a 2" x 3.5" artboard.
- Content that must appear on the finished product must fit within the "safe zone" on the design template. (At least 0.125" within the edge of the finished product.)
- If you have design elements — backgrounds, etc. — that are supposed to go all the way to the edge of your finished product, then those elements must extend all the way through the design template's 0.125" "bleed zone," beyond the trim line, to allow for trimming to the finished product size.
- If the design template is included in your design file, either delete it or "turn off" that layer so it is not visible in the pdf you upload.
- The document must be in CMYK mode and all colors in the document must be converted to CMYK mode.
- When exporting your print pdf, choose the "press quality" setting, with bleeds of 0.125" on all sides, and crop marks only.
- All fonts must be outlined in the final print pdf. If you wish to have the ability to edit text on your original file later on, make sure to save a copy for your future use that does not have the fonts outlined. (Once fonts are outlined, text can't be edited.)
- Resolution of all images — graphics, photos, etc. — must be 300dpi or better at the size they will appear in the finished product. Warning: Most images you download from the Internet are not of sufficient resolution for printing.