Upload Files - NCR Forms
Upload Your Artwork
NCR Form Design Upload Specifications
If you are uploading your own press-ready artwork, please review this guide to ensure the files you are providing meet our specifications. Improperly prepared files can delay production and/or diminish the quality of the finished product. If you have a question that’s not covered here, please feel free to contact us.
- When creating your file, set your artboard to the finished product size. For example, an 8.5" x 11" form should have an 8.5" x 11" artboard.
- Content that must appear on the finished product must fit within the "safe zone" on the design template. (At least 0.125" within the edge of the finished product.) ALSO: On forms, you must allow 0.25" of space on the glued edge. (For example, the top edge of an 8.5" x 11" form.)
- Dark background colors are not recommended for write-in forms.
- Bleeds are not allowed on NCR Forms
- If the design template is included in your design file, either delete it or "turn off" that layer so it is not visible in the pdf you upload.
- The document must be in CMYK mode and all colors in the document must be converted to CMYK mode.
- When exporting your print pdf, choose the "press quality" setting, with bleeds of 0.125" on all sides, and crop marks only.
- All fonts must be outlined in the final print pdf. If you wish to have the ability to edit text on your original file later on, make sure to save a copy for your future use that does not have the fonts outlined. (Once fonts are outlined, text can't be edited.)
- Resolution of all images — graphics, photos, etc. — must be 300dpi or better at the size they will appear in the finished product. Warning: Most images you download from the Internet are not of sufficient resolution for printing.